Let’s be honest, people judge you on what you wear. We all do it :-)! You probably don’t realise, but how you dress every day is the way you market yourself to the world. The key is to dress according to your body type, and to do this successfully, you need to be aware of your proportions. From there, you can find clothes that will best flatter your shape.
By using fashion to your advantage, you can accentuate your best features and minimize or hide what you don’t like. So, your number one rule should be to know what type of body shape you have, and the rest will become fun and games!!!
There are five basic body shapes that have been put into the following categories; pear, apple, hourglass, petite and athletic/slim.
- If your hips and thighs are your largest measurements, followed by your bust and waist, then you have a PEAR body shape. Characteristics: small bust, longer waist, flat tummy, saddlebags, heavier legs.
- If you have similar measurements across your bust and hips, with not much difference between under your bust and your waist, you probably have an APPLE body shape. Characteristics: average bust, larger tummy, average legs.
- People who have their bust and hip as the largest measurement are determined to be an HOURGLASS body shape. Usually, hourglass people have a quite small waist. Characteristics: large bust, small waist, short waist, big hips, generous thighs
- The SLIM ATHLETIC body shape is when your measurements are fairly regular across your hips, waist, bust and under the bust. Characteristics: slight waist, longer legs.
- There is one last body shape called PETITE, which is where you’re shorter and tend to have broader shoulder. But, like we say in french: “Tout ce qui est petit est mignon” . When you have a petite body shape, you could be any of the other measurement combinations.
Once you know which body type you are, you will definitely make less mistakes when it comes to picking an outfit, as you can make choices that will make you look your best. I hope this article will give you a better understanding of your body. . If you still have questions after reading this, feel free to email me at [email protected], and I will be more than happy to help you.
My next article will give you specific examples of outfits for each type of body.
Ps: Your Beauty Matters!